Thursday, July 8, 2010

Who Will Replace Michael Scott?

I like "The Office." And I should say that I still like it--I think it's stayed consistently funny in the years it has been on, and I think it's relevant to anyone who works in an office. I've been mostly lucky in where I've ended up working in my career, but I still do feel cringing pangs of recognition when watching the show.

Steve Carrel has been amazing, but I think the show can still succeed when he steps down at the end of the next season. There has been a lot of speculation about who might replace him, but one name I haven't seen was the name that came almost immediately to my mind:

Lisa Kudrow!

I think she's an amazing comic actor--and she's great at making a sort of un-self-aware nincompoop of a character nonetheless sort of lovable (see Valerie Cherish in "The Comeback"--a seriously underrated series, in my opinion). She also does "ignorant but pompous" very, very well.... And some fresh blood might be what the series needs.

I hope they're considering her. Do I need to start a Facebook page?

No comments: